Teeth are extracted by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon or a specialized dentist for reasons such as deep tooth decay, infection to bone surrounding the tooth, crowding. Tooth extraction cost in Dubai starts from 350 AED. Wisdom tooth extraction price in Dubai starts from 600 AED and may vary depending on the complexity of your case. Contact us to schedule a FREE complimentary consultation appointment for your wisdom tooth removal treatment in Dubai UAE.
The oral and maxillofacial surgeon extracts the wisdom tooth after cleaning the infection and the procedure will take more time than a regular tooth extraction as it is slightly complicated and may need removable stitches. Side effects of wisdom tooth extraction can potentially include damage to the crowns or bridges or root of the nearby tooth. Your dentist will explain everything before the procedure after analyzing your case details.
Many dentists usually remove partially erupted tooth as bacteria can enter and cause an infection that can spread to the bone. Also impacted teeth break through the gum tissue even if there is not enough space to accommodate them. Such continued pressure can damage the nearby teeth.
Before the wisdom tooth removal, your dentist will review and understand your medical and dental history. Dental X-rays are taken which will reveal the length, position and shape of the tooth and surrounding bone. Your dentist may refer you to an oral surgeon if it is a complicated case. It is critical to maintain good oral hygiene and eat soft foods for the first few days after your dental surgery.
Advantages of Wisdom tooth removal :
1. Wisdom tooth usually doesn’t have enough space to fully emerge properly & can lead to the tooth getting stuck in your jaw (impaction). Impacted wisdom teeth can cause a variety of dental problems such as infection, pain & damage to your adjacent teeth. Hence removing them can prevent such issues.
2. Impacted wisdom tooth can cause significant pain & discomfort and hence a removal is needed.
3. Partially emerged wisdom tooth can create pockets that encourage bacteria accumulation leading to infections & gum disease. Hence removal of it can avoid such issues.
4. Wisdom tooth can sometimes push your other teeth out of alignment leading to overcrowding & other orthodontic issues. Hence removal is needed to maintain the alignment of your teeth.
5. Wisdom tooth’s location inside your mouth can make them difficult for cleaning. But removing it can make your oral hygiene routine easier thereby reducing cavities & gum disease.
6. Wisdom tooth extraction is easier with younger patients as their roots are not fully developed & their bone density is usually lower.
Wisdom tooth removal in Dubai post care:
- Relax after surgery and do not lie flat. Use pillows to prop up your head. Gently massage with an ice pack regularly over the swelling.
- Bleeding should stop within 24 hours (It may take more time if wisdom tooth has been extracted). If the bleeding continues even after 24 hours, visit your dentist immediately. If bleeding has stopped after 24 hours, you can gargle with warm salt water to reduce the swelling.
- Take care not bite into your cheek or tongue as your mouth will be numb after the procedure.
- Do not eat hard food until it is completely healed.
- Avoid smoking or using straw to drink or often touching the area as it can slow down the healing process.
- Brush gently without rubbing too hard on the teeth or the gums.
What are the contra-indications for wisdom tooth removal?
- Healthy and fully erupted wisdom tooth
- Correctly positioned and biting properly with the opposing teeth
- Easy to keep clean as part of routine dental hygiene
When is wisdom tooth removal indicated?
Sometimes, the wisdom tooth may erupt at an angle and remain partially or fully impacted in your jawbone and under your gums.
How long does wisdom tooth removal in Dubai take?
This varies from patient to patient and depends on the complexity of the case. An uncomplicated wisdom tooth removal can be performed in less than an hour.
What happens during the wisdom tooth removal procedure?
The oral surgeon will administer local anesthesia to numb your gums and teeth. The wisdom is then gradually loosened with elevators and gently lifted off the socket. The extraction site is then thoroughly cleaned and sutures are placed only if required.
What to expect after wisdom teeth removal in Dubai?
- Mild discomfort of the extraction site
- Swelling of the face on the side of the tooth removal
How long is the recovery time after wisdom tooth removal in Dubai?
For uncomplicated wisdom tooth removal, recovery time can take 3 to 4 days.
What instructions to follow after my wisdom tooth removal?
- Cold-compress on the cheeks for not more than 15 minutes at any given time.
- Do not use a straw or swish vigorously as it can create negative pressure and dislodge the blood clot.
- Take medications as prescribed by your dental surgeon.
What foods can I eat after my wisdom tooth removal in Dubai?
- Soft foods like pasta, eggs and yoghurt
- Cold foods like ice creams and popsicles can help soothe the extraction site.