Dental X-rays are used by dentists in Dubai for diagnosing & visualizing the condition of a patient’s teeth, gums and other surrounding oral structures for various dental treatments. These X-rays provide insights about a patient’s oral condition & the treatment required as it cannot be just confirmed from a simple visual examination. Cost of a single Periapical X-ray in Dubai UAE is 75 AED. An OPG (Orthopantomogram) X-ray which is also called as a panoramic X-ray is a specialized dental radiograph that provides a comprehensive & panoramic view of your upper & lower jaws, teeth & all surrounding structures in a single image. Cost of OPG X-ray is 200 AED.
Uses of Dental X-Rays:
- For Detecting Tooth Decay: Dental X-rays can give information about tooth decay (causing cavities) that may not be visible to a dentist’s naked eye. If cavities are detected at an early stage, the damage caused by it is very minimal.
- Assessing your Tooth & Root Structure: Dental X-rays help dentists to analyze the structure of your teeth & roots helping to detect root infections, fractures or any other abnormalities.
- Gum & Periodontal Health: These X-rays can reveal the health of your gums & health of bone supporting your teeth thereby assisting in diagnosing gum diseases like gingivitis & periodontitis.
- Impacted Teeth: Dental X-rays are very useful in identifying impacted teeth such as your wisdom teeth that may require an extraction.
- Orthodontic Treatments: Dentists & orthodontists use X-rays for planning orthodontic treatments such as braces or Invisalign.
- Implant Planning: Dental X-rays can help assess bone quality for a proper dental implant placement.
Advantages of using Dental X-Rays:
There are many advantages by using dental x-rays for diagnosis such as :
- Early Detection of dental issues thereby allowing for a timely treatment & preventing escalation of dental problems.
- Dental X-rays provide precise images of your oral structures aiding in a very accurate diagnosis of your condition and planning the dental treatment efficiently.
- They help dentists explain directly to patients about their dental conditions & treatment options available by showing the dental X-ray images.
Disadvantages of Dental X-Rays:
- Although the radiation exposure from dental X-rays is minimal, there is risk of repeated exposure over time and should particularly be avoided for pregnant women.
- Some patients experience a slight discomfort due to the X-ray machine & the protective equipment used.
- In few cases the dental X-rays may not always provide a complete diagnosis of oral health and additional imaging or diagnostic methods may be required.
Procedure for taking a Dental X-Rays consists of the below steps:
- The patient wears a lead apron for protection from radiation exposure and is prepared for taking the dental X-ray.
- The patient is positioned according to the type of dental X-ray – like for detecting cavities or for evaluating a specific tooth or for providing an entire overview of your mouth, etc.,.
- Your dentist or the dental technician in the clinic uses a dental X-ray machine to capture those images while the patient holds still.
- Images are developed on X-ray film or digitally. Later your dentist analyzes the X-rays to make a diagnosis and plan the treatment accordingly.
Contact us for a FREE consultation for getting your dental X-ray in Dubai UAE.