Teeth are extracted by a oral and maxillofacial surgeon or a specialized dentist for reasons such as deep tooth decay, infection to bone surrounding the tooth, crowding. Tooth extraction cost in Dubai starts at 300 AED. Wisdom tooth extraction cost in Dubai is around 300 AED only and may vary based on the complexity of your case. A oral and maxillofacial surgeon extracts wisdom tooth after cleaning the infection and the procedure will take more time than normal tooth extraction as it is slightly complicated and needs removable stitches. Side effects of wisdom tooth extraction can be damage to crowns or bridges or root of the nearby tooth. Your dentist will explain everything before the procedure after analyzing your case details.
Many dentists usually remove only partially erupted tooth as bacteria can enter and cause an infection that can spread to the bone. Also impacted teeth break through the gum tissue even if there is not enough space to accommodate them. Such continued pressure can damage the nearby teeth. Hence it is beneficial for the future.
Before tooth removal your dentist will review and understand your medical and dental history and dental X-rays are taken which reveal the length, position and shape of tooth and bone. He may refer you to a oral surgeon if it is a complicated case. It is critical to maintain good oral hygiene and eat soft foods for the first few days after your dental surgery.
Post treatment care :
- Relax after surgery and do not lie flat. Use pillows to prop up your head. Gently massage with an ice pack regularly over the swelling.
- Bleeding should stop within 24 hours (It may take more time if wisdom tooth has been extracted). If the bleeding continues even after 24 hours, visit your dentist immediately. If bleeding has stopped after 24 hours, you can gargle with warm salt water to reduce the swelling.
- Take care not bite into your cheek or tongue as your mouth will be numb after the procedure.
- Do not eat hard food until it is completely healed.
- Avoid smoking or using straw to drink or often touching the area as it can slow down the healing process.
- Brush gently without rubbing too hard on the teeth or the gums.